1. Tell us a little about you (that we might not know ... kids, job, college, other hobbies or activities outside of FitHaus, etc)
I’m a Badger with a BS in Agronomy. I love to hike and the Canadian Rockies are my favorite. If I could live anywhere I’d pick a spot with warm weather and mountains and waterfalls nearby! I have a goal to visit all 50 states and I have 7 left to go.
2. What made you decide to stop in to FitHaus (and what were you doing prior to coming in)?
Yoga brought me to FitHaus when it was still True Champion…yoga didn’t last that time around, but the Ladies Shape up in summer 2017 brought me back. Lifting weights was something that I hadn’t done much of in my life and I was looking for a non-threatening way to get into it with good instruction and have stuck with it!
3. What is your favorite part of FitHaus in general or your favorite class, etc?
I love that I can do strength, metcons and yoga at the same location and that I see the benefit in doing both styles of exercise. For example, burpees help make my chaturanga easier and hatha yoga teaches me to be mindful of my position when lifting weights.
4. What are some of the accomplishments you're most proud of recently that FitHaus has helped with, and what are your goals going forward?
I’m so excited that I can do arm balances again during yoga and standing head to knee is my new accomplishment I’m perfecting. I’m working towards a stronger core, back and shoulders in hopes of one day floating my yoga poses which is something I really can’t do at this point. Dream goal.
5. How has FitHaus bettered your life outside the gym?
I’m able to carry our massive cooler loaded with my Costco run in it from the car to the house without a strain!
6. What advice would you give to someone considering joining FitHaus?
Go for it! It’s a great community of people who just want everyone to feel good and get better at what they are working on. There is an excellent variety of class options and instructors to offer something for everyone.
Favorite movement or class:
Arm balances and dragonfly twist with Kayla and Sara, half moon and standing head to knee in Adam’s class and whatever Amanda and Katie throw at us.
Least favorite movement (i.e. burpees, Wallballs, ruining, etc):
I try not to focus on what I don’t like as it would make me not want to come to class!