This week we are so excited to feature Venessa Reuter as our FitHAUS Featured Athlete! Venessa has been a member at FitHAUS for 3 years and has attended nearly 300 classes…and that’s not counting all of the zoom classes she attended over quarantine. We’ve seen Venessa’s strength and level of fitness grow tremendously over the past few years and we are so proud of how far she has come. Venessa is one of those athletes who is much stronger than she knows, and we can’t wait to see what new skills she tucks under her belt this year! You can always count on Venessa to give it her all everytime she is in class!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I live in Orono with my husband Taryn and 3 kids Talan (13), Izzy (11), and Malia (almost 6). My full-time job is at home with the kiddos, but it looks like I will be teaching 8th, 6th and Kindergarten this fall. ;) When I'm not at home, you can find me wake surfing with my family or training our new puppy, Fudgie.
2. What made you decide to join FitHAUS? What were you doing prior to coming to FH?
I decided to try FH based off of location and trying something new. After attending the strength and conditioning classes, I fell in love with the community and the instructors. Prior to FH I was going to a pilates and spin studio. I later purchased a Peloton Bike and Tread and still continue to use those outside of FH.
3. What is your favorite thing about FitHAUS?
My favorite thing about FH would have to be the members and instructors. It's like a second home to me and everyone is so encouraging.
4. What are some of the accomplishments related to physical fitness that you are most proud of. Do you have any fitness goals moving forward?
I would say my biggest accomplishment so far is building my upper body strength. I've never had a strong upper body and would frequently get pinched nerves in my back and neck.
A fitness goal of mine is to be faster and stronger!
5. How has being physically active bettered your life outside of the gym?
I'm not as fatigued and have more energy for my kiddos and pups.
6. What is your favorite class or movement/skill? What is your least favorite movement...like the one that causes the biggest eye roll when your coach says we are doing "X" today;)
I usually try to attend most of the Strength and Conditioning classes. I love the combination of strength and cardio. My new favorite movement would be T2B. I haven't quite mastered it, but I’m getting really close!
My least favorite movement would be pull ups - only because I'm still working on those. *insert eye roll!
7. What advice would you give to someone looking to join FITHAUS?
DOIT! I've not only felt physically better I've seen physical improvements in myself and others. You really get a community feel at FH. I've made some pretty incredible lifelong friends as well.