In light of recent events with COVID-19, we want to update you on what we are doing to keep you healthy at FitHAUS, as well as to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 through the state of MN. We recognize that FitHAUS is a place of respite and also a place to re-charge for many of us. Know that our goal is to keep our doors open to all of you. In order to do so, we ask for your help in implementing the following measures:
1. LIMIT CLASS SIZES: In order to accommodate recommended space for members, we will be limiting all classes to a 12-person occupancy. With this being said, we ask that you please PRE-REGISTER from this point forward for ALL classes, including open gym. Our coaches have been notified NOT to allow drop-ins for the time being. If you have any questions on how to pre-register for class, please contact Nicole or Katie.
· Please know we will be in constant communication with you regarding schedule changes.
· We are discussing the addition of classes in order to ensure we are meeting the needs of our members with class size restrictions.
· We will be temporarily pausing of our 6am HIIT class until further notice.
2. DISINFECT: We have asked our coaches to end class 5 minutes early to allow members to wipe down ALL equipment and surfaces that were used during the WOD. We have changed our cleaning solution to CLEAR GEAR, which is effective against COVID-19. We will also continue to regularly deep clean and disinfect all surfaces of the gym with this same solution.
3. MINIMIZING CONTACT: For the time being, and to minimize athletes' contact with one another, our programming will not have partner workouts to avoid sharing equipment. Because we cannot disinfect chalk, we will be temporarily removing it from the gym. We ask that all members wash their hands with soap and water before and after working out.
4. CHILDCARE: Effective Monday, March 16th, we are not allowing kids to be at the gym. This is an update following Governor Walz's order for school closures in the state of MN. If they can't gather at school, we can't allow them to gather here. We know this is a major inconvenience and appreciate your help as we navigate this together. Kids of instructors that are teaching are allowed and must stay in designated kids area (absolutely no playing on or with equipment).
· If you have traveled internationally, we ask that you “self quarantine”, i.e. do not come to the gym for 7 days.
· If you have traveled from a “High Risk” Country, we ask that you “self quarantine” for 14 days per CDC Travel Quarantine Recommendations.
6. ILLNESS: Most importantly, as outlined before, PLEASE REFRAIN from coming to the gym if you are ill, or if an immediate family member is ill. This is a group effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 through our local community as well as through the Twin Cities and beyond. We are in this together, and appreciate you taking this very seriously.
We recognize that this is new territory for all of us, and that it causes uncertainty about our current situation. The ideas of community and “being together” are sewn in to the foundation of our gym, but we understand that some of you may not feel inclined to come to FitHAUS during this time. We know how important physical fitness is for mental our well-being, so we have programmed HOME/TRAVEL workouts if you chose to use them. You can access these in the WODIFY.
· Go to your Home Screen and Select “Today’s WOD”
· Select the Date
· Select HOME/TRAVEL under “Program”
Thank you for your support on this issue, and please be on the lookout for updates from us. Stay healthy, wash your hands, and know we can persevere through this if we work together!